|Serves: 4 at home or 24 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: broad beans, lemon, spring onions
Source: Yotam Ottolenghi’s Simple
- 250g podded broad beans
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lemon
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 spring onions
- Sea salt
- metric measuring cups & spoons
- medium saucepan
- food processor
- small frying pan
- serving plates
|What to do
- Put the saucepan of water on the stove to boil. Blanch the beans for 2 minutes in the boiling water, then drain in the colander, refresh under cold water from the tap and drain again.
- Peel off and discard the skins of the beans, then set aside 50g. Put the rest of the beans into a food processor.
- Peel the avocado and roughly chop, then put in the food processor.
- Finely peel the lemon to get 1 long strip. Juice the lemon to get 1½ tablespoons, then add the juice to the food processor.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil and ¼ sea salt to the food processor and blitz until almost smooth.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan on a medium-high heat, then gently fry the spring onions and lemon skin for a minute. Take off the heat and stir in the reserved broad beans and a pinch of salt.
- To serve, spread the mash over a plate and spoon the spring onion mix into the middle.