Serves: 8 at home or 30 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: parsnips, carrots, beetroot, pumpkin, kale, asparagus
- chopping board & non-slip mat
- cook’s knife
- baking trays
- non-stick baking paper
- 1 parsnip
- 1 carrot
- 1 beetroot
- ¼ pumpkin
- olive oil spray
- sea salt
|What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Wash all the vegetables and scrub to remove all the dirt.
- Use the vegetable peeler to cut long thin strips of each of the vegetables.
- Tear the kale leaves into 4 cm square pieces.
- Line the baking trays with baking paper and spray with olive oil. Lay the vegetable slices in a single layer on the baking trays and spray lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Remove the trays from the oven. Turn the slices over with tongs and put the trays back in the oven for another couple of minutes to crisp up.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt before serving.