|Season: All year
Makes: 50 corn chip
Recipe source: Adapted from a recipe from Mansfield Primary School
- metric measuring spoons & cups
- bowls – 1 medium
- baking paper
- rolling pin
- tea towel
- baking tray
- serving plates
- 1 cup polenta
- ⅔ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 tsp sea salt
|What to do
- Set out your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC.
- Combine the polenta, flour, salt, sweet paprika and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the oil and ½ cup cold water. Mic to combine until it makes a dough. The dough will feel quite wet.
- Divide the dough into two balls. Roll one ball between two sheets of paper and sprinkle the dough with half the sea salt.
- Cover again with the paper and roll lightly to press in the salt.
- Lift the paper and dough onto a baking tray.
- Remove the top sheet of paper. Using a skewer, gently make lines in the dough to form triangle shapes. The triangles should be approximately 5 cm x 3 cm. Repeat with the remaining ball of dough.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Cool on the tray, then break into the marked triangles.