Fresh from the garden: pumpkin, borlotti beans, onion, coriander, eggs
Source: Australian Women’s Weekly Vegetarian Cookbook
- metric measuring spoons & cups
- chopping boards & non-slip mats
- 1 medium knife
- medium saucepan
- steamer basket
- pastry brush
- bowls – 1 large
- baking trays
- serving plates
- 400 g pumpkin (or sweet potato), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 300 g borlotti beans, cooked
- 100 g char-grilled capsicum, finely chopped
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 sheets puff pastry
|What to do
- Preheat the oven to 200oC. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Quarter fill the saucepan with water and place the steam basket inside. Put the pumpkin on the steamer basket and steam until tender.
- Put the pumpkin in a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add the beans, capsicum, feta, spring onions, coriander and cumin to the bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a third of the pumpkin mixture along one side of each sheet of pastry. Roll up to enclose. Cut each roll into four pieces. Place the rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush with egg and sprinkle with cumin seeds.
- Bake rolls for 30 minutes until golden and puffed. Serve with tomato sauce.