Makes: 12 – 15
Fresh from the garden: cabbage, carrots, spring onions, celery
- chopping boards & non-slip mats
- measuring cups and spoons
- Small and Medium bowls
- large mixing spoon
- baking trays
- large frying pan with lid
- serving plates
- 250 g can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- ¼ white cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Gyoza wrappers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ¾ cup light soy sauce
What to do
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until combined
- Clear a workspace and ensure the surface is dry.
- Fill a small bowl with water.
- Peel off a wrapper and lay it flat on the clean, dry surface.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling into the center of the wrapper.
- Dip your finger in the bowl of water, moisten around half the edges of the wrapper and fold the wrapper over to form a semi-circle pouch. Press gently on the edges to make sure they are sealed.
- Pleat the edges together to complete the seal.
Make Dipping sauce:
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl.