Serves: 8 at home or 30 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: garlic, lime, soft herbs, peas
- metric measuring cups, scales and spoons
- small saucepan
- small frying pan
- mortar and pestle
- large bowl
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 g fresh coriander leaves
- 10 g mint leaves
- 150 g fresh peas, blanched
- ¼ cup pine nuts (or sunflower seeds), lightly toasted
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp lime zest
- splash of water
|What to do
- Set out your equipment and ingredients.
- Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
- Place the nuts or seeds in the mortar and pound with the pestle until a paste is formed.
- Add the coriander and mint leaves and continue to pound to a paste.
- Add the blanched peas and continue to pound to a paste.
- Add the garlic continue to pound to a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together with a spatula. Transfer the pesto to a large bowl, ready to be tossed with the egg noodles.
- Add a splash of water to create a creamier texture, if desired.
Note: the pesto can be made in a food processor.