Serves: 6 at home or 30 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: cabbage, carrots, coriander, garlic, mint, spring onions
Recipe source: Adapted from Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation
|What to do
- Set out your equipment and ingredients.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic, and place in the bowl.
- Put on the plastic gloves. Cut the chilli in half lengthways and slice it as finely as you can. Place it in the bowl.
- Juice the lime. Add the lime juice, rice vinegar, fish sauce, oil and sugar to the bowl, and stir.
- Peel the carrot and daikon. Shred the carrot and daikon using the food processor or slicing gadget, and add to the bowl.
- Shred the cabbage and add to the bowl.
- Peel the papery outer leaves off the spring onions and finely slice the white section. Add to the bowl.
- Wash and dry the herbs and set aside some leaves to use as a garnish. Shred the rest of the mint and coriander and add to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together, place in serving bowls, and garnish with the reserved herbs.