|What to do
- Set out your ingredients.
- Cut potatoes into julienne with a mandolin or knife. Place the potato in a bowl of cold water as you go to prevent them going brown. Set aside to soak to remove the starch while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Half fill a medium-large saucepan with water and put on the stove over high heat to bring to the boil.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Put on the plastic gloves and finely chop the chilli.
- Thinly slice the spring onions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat and add the ginger, garlic and chilli and stir-fry until fragrant (1 minute). Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly, then add the soy sauce and half the vinegar and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes, rinse, then add to the saucepan of boiling water. Bring back to the boil, then cook for 1 minute. Drain well, then transfer to large bowl, add the stock and remaining vinegar and stir to coat well.
- Set aside to cool, then transfer to serving bowls. Drizzle with the ginger- chilli dressing, and scatter with spring onions.