Serves: 30 in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: grapefruit, garlic, carrot, red, onion, coriander, assorted salad leaves
Recipe source: Adapted from the food blog ‘Chatelaine’
- 2 large bowls
- salad spinner
- chopping board
- lemon juicer
- metric measuring spoons & cups
- salad bowl
- salad servers
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp fish sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, grated or pressed
- 1 tsp sesame oil, optional
- 1 dark red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 6 cups leafy greens
|What to do
- Select your salad leaves from the garden.
- Wash and dry the salad leaves.
- Prepare the other ingredients as described above.
- Make the dressing by whisking together lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, garlic and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Combine, grapefruit, red onion, coriander and leafy greens in a large bowl. Add lime dressing and gently toss before serving.