Serves: 4 at home or 24 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: salad greens, watermelon, red onion
Recipe source: Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden
- metric measuring cups & spoons
- chopping board & non-slip mat
- cook’s knife
- large bowl
- serving bowls
- 4 handfuls of mixed salad greens, torn
- ½ medium watermelon, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
What to do
- Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
- Gently mix all the ingredients, except the oil and pepper, in the large bowl.
- Just before serving, toss the oil through the salad mixture.
- Divide among serving platters and grind pepper over the top to serve.