- metric measuring cup and spoons
- non-slip mat
- chopping board cook’s knife
- vegetable peeler
- small bowl
- whisk or fork
- wooden spoon
- serving platters
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 cm knob of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 silverbeet leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil, optional
- 30 small whole lettuce leaves
|What to do
- Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
- Beat the eggs in the small bowl with 1 tbsp soy and the ginger.
- Heat the wok with 1 tbsp sunflower oil.
- Pour in the egg mixture and leave to cook for 20 seconds, before folding onto itself and cooking through.
- Remove the egg from the wok and allow it to cool on the chopping board, then slice it.
- Heat the remaining sunflower oil and the sesame oil in the wok.
- Add onion, carrot and spring onions and cook for 2 minutes, then add rice and remaining soy sauce.
- Reduce the heat and add the silverbeet and cooked egg slices. Combine ingredients, then remove the wok from the heat.
- Divide between serving platters for each table.
- Provide each table with a platter of washed lettuce leaves. Diners place the rice in the leaves, roll and eat.