|Season: Summer/AutumnType: Side dishes
Serves: 6 at home or 24 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: beans, garlic, chilli, spring onions
Recipe source: Adapted from a recipe from Stir by Christine Manfield
- metric measuring spoons and cups
- chopping boards & non-slip mats
- knives – 1 small, 1 medium
- large non-stick frying pan
- wooden spoon/egg flip
- serving plates
- 300 g green beans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese black vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kecap manis
- ½ cup tomato passata
- 4 spring onions
|What to do
- Set out your equipment and ingredients.
- Cut the ends of the beans.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Finely slice the spring onions lengthways.
- Put plastic gloves on, deseed and finely chop the chilli.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium heat and add the garlic, chilli, oyster sauce, vinegar, kecap manis, passata and green beans.
- Stir everything together and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a little water to prevent burning or sticking.
- Remove from heat, add the spring onions and serve.