|What to do
- Set out your equipment and ingredients.
- Wash and dry the silverbeet then shred.
- Slice leek finely.
- Heat the frying pan to a low heat and add the oil. Sauté the leeks until soft, for about 5 minutes. Then add the silverbeet and salt and pepper to taste – cook just enough to wilt the silverbeet, then take off the heat.
- Mince the garlic.
- Shave off pieces of parmesan using either a garter (if it has a wide slicing option) or a normal vegetable peeler.
- Scatter some flour on the workbench and roll the dough to form a thin disc about 26 cm in diameter.
Prepare the pizza bases
- Scatter some flour on the workbench and roll the dough to from a thin disc about 26cm in diameter. If you are have trouble rolling the dough because it keeps springing back, let it rest for a few minutes, then try rolling it again.
- Spread the garlic over the pizza base.
- Arrange the leek and silverbeet mix on the pizza.
- Sprinkle most of the parmesan over top, keeping some aside.
- Drizzle the pizza with the last of the oil, then place the pizza in the oven.
Bake the pizza
- Bake the pizza for 10 minutes. If you may want to slip the pizza off the tray onto the rack for the last few minutes, so that you get a really crusty base.
- Transfer it to the board using the peel or wide egg lifter.
Serve the pizzas
- Use the pizza cutter to cut the pizza into about 12 pieces.
- Divide the pizza pieces evenly between serving plates.
- Serve topped with the remaining parmesan.