|Difficulty: EasyServes: 30 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: tomatoes, basil, garlic
- metric measuring spoons and cups
- chopping boards & non-slip mats
- tomato knife
- rolling pin
- pizza tray
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 25 g parmesan cheese
- small handful basil leaves
|What to do
- Set out your equipment and ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 250oC.
- Grate the parmesan.
- Tear the basil leaves.
- Slice tomatoes in half.
- Slice the mozzarella.
- Roll the dough to from a thin disc about 26cm in diameter.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the dough.
- Arrange the slices of tomato on the pizza..
- Arrange the slices of mozzarella on the pizza..
- Sprinkle most of the parmesan and basil over the pizza.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cut the pizza into 12 pieces.
- Serve with rocket leaves and remaining parmesan.