Serves: 6 at home or 24 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: brown onion, chilli, garlic, pumpkin, spring onions, zucchini
Source: Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation
- metric measuring cups, spoons & scales
- chopping board & non-slip mat
- cook’s knife
- 2 small bowls
- serving plates
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, halved, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, halved, sliced diagonally
- 500 g butternut pumpkin, diced into 1.5 cm cubes, steamed
- 4 spring onions, sliced finely on the diagonal
- 1 quantity Basic Egg Noodles
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small handful of coriander, chopped
What to do
- Prepare the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
- Combine the sauces and honey in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the wok over high heat.
- Add the oil. Swirl to coat.
- Add the onion, then the garlic and chilli. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli. Stir-fry for 2 minutes then add zucchini.
- Add the pumpkin and continue to stir-fry, then add the spring onions and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the egg noodles. Stir-fry to combine.
- Add the egg. Stir-fry for 1 or 2 minutes until egg has just set.
- Finally, add the sauce mixture. Toss to combine.
- Divide between serving platters for each table and sprinkle with coriander.