This Thai curry is milder than the other Thai curries with the spicyness tempered by the sweetness. At school we use curry paste that has been prepared by the previous class.
Serves: 6 at home or 30 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: coriander, spring onions
|What to do
- Set out your ingredients.
- Place the coconut cream in a heavy-based pan on a medium heat ad boil until it splits.
- Add the curry paste and fry until fragrant and you can smell the spices.
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken and continues to fry until the chicken pieces take on colour.
- Shave the palm sugar.
- Add the palm sugar and fish sauce, stirring continuously until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the coconut milk and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Leave to rest on the stove with the heat off for 15 minutes to help develop the flavours.
- Before serving, check the seasoning: it should taste sweet and salty, and be aromatic.
For the noodles, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the noodles for 3 minutes. Drain and place the noodles in the serving bowls.
Top the noodles with a portion of the curry and top with some coriander and chopped spring onions.