Serves: zucchini, onions, eggs, tomato
- metric measuring scales, cups and spoons
- cook’s knife
- small, serrated knife
- chopping board & non-slip mat
- bowls – 1 large, 1 small
- baking dish
- baking paper
- clean tea towel
- mixing spoon
- large saucepan
- serving plates
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 500 g zucchini
- 100 g parmesan
- 1 onion
- 100 g feta
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes
|What to do
- Set out your equipment and ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Brush the baking dish with some olive oil and line the base with baking paper.
- Coarsely grate the zucchini. Tip the grated zucchini into a clean tea towel and twist over the sink to remove the excess moisture. Tip the zucchini into the large bowl.
- Coarsely grate the cheese and tip into the large bowl.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and add to the large bowl.
- Add the flour to the large bowl and mix gently to combine.
- Crumble the feta.
- In the medium bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then add feta. Pour into the zucchini mixture and mix well to combine. Season with pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top.
- Using a small serrated knife, cut the tomatoes into thick slices and lay the slices on top of the mixture. Drizzle the oil over the top and bake for about 25 – 30 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the oven. Allow the slice to cool a little before cutting into squares.