|What to do
- Preheat the oven to 200oC.
Grease the muffin tins
- Grease the holes of the muffin tin with the kitchen paper and butter.
Prepare the wet ingredients, in the 1l measuring jug
- Grate the rind off ½ the lemon and put the rind in the 1l measuring jug.
- Place the yoghurt, eggs, oil, vanilla and chopped banana into the measuring jug and blend until smooth with the hand blender.
Prepare the dry ingredients, in the large bowl
- Using the scales, weigh the flour and sugar into the large bowl.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir the mixture a couple of times then add the rhubarb.
- · Stir lightly using the spatula, but do not over-mix or the muffin mixture will become tough. It’s OK if the mixture is lumpy – it should be.
Spoon into the muffin tins and bake
- Use the tablespoon to drop the mixture into the greased muffin tins, filling each hole just over two-thirds full.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the muffins are firm and golden brown. Remove from the oven. Allow the muffins to rest for a few minutes in the tin, before turning out onto the wire rack to cool.