Skip to content
Serves: 4 at home or 24 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: blackberries, lemons
- metric measuring spoons and cups
- 1 medium, 1 large bowl
- small tart tins
- chopping boards & non-slip mats
- 1 medium knife
- baking tray
- plastic wrap
- large teaspoon
- wire rack
- 4 cups blackberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
For the Crumble
- 100 g plain wholemeal flour
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g rolled oats
- 50 g shredded coconut
- 100 raw sugar
- 200 g butter
|What to do
- Set out your equipment and ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC. Lightly grease tins with butter.
Prepare the berry filling
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- In a medium bowl mix together the sugar, cornflour, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons lemon zest. Add the berries and gently toss to combine.
Prepare the crumble mix
- Sift flours into the large bowl.
- Cut the butter into 1 cm cubes with a butter knife and add to the bowl.
- With your fingertips rub the butter into the flour until it looks like lumpy breadcrumbs.
- Add the oats, coconut and sugar and mix through with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the blackberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in tins for 5 minutes before serving with yoghurt or cream.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: