Serves: 12 muffins
Fresh from the garden: lemons, rosemary, eggs
- metric measuring spoons and cups
- muffin tins
- bowls – 1 medium, 1 large
- wire rack
- 375 g white self-raising flour
- 220 g raw sugar
- 2 lemons, zested
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 250 ml yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 125 g ricotta
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
|What to do
- Preheat the oven to 200oC.
Prepare the muffin tins
- Line the muffin tin with the patty pans.
Prepare the wet ingredients, in the medium bowl
- Grate the rind off 2 lemons and put the rind in the medium bowl.
- Finely chop the rosemary leaves and put the rind in the medium bowl.
- Place the yoghurt, lemon juice, ricotta, egg, oil, and vanilla into the medium bowl and whisk well.
Prepare the dry ingredients, in the large bowl
- Using the scales, weigh the flour and sugar into the large bowl.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir the mixture a couple of times taking care not over-mix or the muffin mixture will become tough. It’s OK if the mixture is lumpy – it should be.
Spoon into the muffin tins and bake
- Use the tablespoon to drop the mixture into the greased muffin tins, filling each hole just over two-thirds full.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the muffins are firm and golden brown. Remove from the oven. Allow the muffins to rest for a few minutes in the tin, before turning out onto the wire rack to cool.