Serves: 12 muffins
Fresh from the garden: lemons, rosemary, eggs
What do do
- Preheat the oven to 220oC.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flours into the medium bowl. Using the tips of your fingers, rub in the butter until the mixture appears crumbly.
- Lightly whisk the egg in the other bowl, then add the pumpkin and 3 tablespoons of milk and stir until combined.
- Add to the flour and butter mixture, and using the butter knife mix until combined.
- Gather the dough together and turn out onto a lightly floured bench. Knead gently and briefly until smooth.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out to about 2cm thick. Cut out rounds with a scone cutter and place slightly apart on the baking tray.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until risen and lightly browned.
- Serve with butter.