Serves: 4 at home or 24 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: lemons, eggs
- metric measuring spoons & cups
- 1 medium bowl
- chopping boards & non-slip mats
- 1 medium knife
- medium saucepan
- large teaspoon
- 4 large lemons
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 175 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- cooked tart shells
|What to do
- Set out your equipment and ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC. Lightly grease 24 pie tins with butter.
- Finely grate zest and juice the lemons.
- In a heavy-based saucepan, combine butter, lemon juice, zest and sugar. Stir constantly over heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Lightly whisk the eggs.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and whisk the eggs into the butter and lemon mixture.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened. Do not allow it to boil or it will curdle.
- Spoon the lemon curd into the tart cooked shells and serve immediately.