|What to do
- Set out your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Grease and line the loaf tin with butter and baking paper.
- Zest the lemon and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl beat the butter until creamy and then gradually add the sugar and beat until the mixture becomes light in colour and texture.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each is added. Then add the lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with the yoghurt, beating on low speed until smooth.
- Scrape the batter, using a spatula, into the loaf tin, and spread evenly. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes before inverting the cake and peeling off the paper lining. Let the cake cool, right-side up, on the wire rack.