Serves: 4 at home or 24 tastes in the classroom
Fresh from the garden: plums
- metric measuring spoons and cups
- 1 medium, 1 large bowl
- butter knife
- 10 small baking dishes
- 2 bottles preserved plums
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
For the Crumble
- 100 g plain wholemeal flour
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g rolled oats
- 50 g shredded coconut
- 100 raw sugar
- 150 g butter
|What to do
- Set out your equipment and ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC. Lightly grease tins with butter.
Prepare the plum filling
- Drain the plums.
- In a medium bowl mix together the plums and cornflour.
- Arrange the plums in 10 small baking dishes.
Prepare the crumble mix
- Sift flours into the large bowl.
- Cut the butter into 1 cm cubes with a butter knife and add to the bowl.
- With your fingertips rub the butter into the flour until it looks like lumpy breadcrumbs.
- Add the oats, coconut and sugar and mix through with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the mixture plums.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in tins for 5 minutes before serving with yoghurt or cream.