|What to do
- Set out your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon in the large bowl.
- Blend the cold butter cubes into the dry ingredients using the fork, until the texture is similar to coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the milk, pumpkin and vanilla until all ingredients are combined.
- Drop heaped teaspoons of mix onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the biscuit bottoms have slightly browned.
- Prepare the pumpkin for the next class by steaming 1 cup of 1 cm cubes for 10–15 minutes, then puréeing.
Tip: If you wanted to cut these biscuits out rather than making drop biscuits, use the minimum amount of milk. The dough will be less sticky and easier to work with. Flour your board liberally, roll out the dough to 2.5–3.0 cm thick and cut. Bake for the same amount of time.