|What to do
- Preheat the oven to 200oC.
Grease the muffin tins
- Using the scales, weigh 20g of butter in the small ceramic bowl then melt it in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Use the pastry brush to grease the holes of the muffin tin with the melted butter.
Prepare the wet ingredients
- Grate the rind off ½ the lemon and put in the medium bowl.
- Melt the remaining butter in the saucepan.
- Place the yoghurt, eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla into the medium bowl and whisk well.
Prepare the dry ingredients
- Using the scales, weigh the flour, then sift it into the large bowl.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir the mixture a couple of times then add the choc chip and raspberries.
- Stir lightly using the spatula, but do not over-mix or the muffin mixture will become tough. It’s OK if the mixture is lumpy – it should be.
Spoon into the muffin tins and bake
- Use the tablespoon to drop the mixture into the greased muffin tins, filling each hole just over two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a ¼ teaspoon of Demerara sugar, if using.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the muffins are firm and golden brown. Remove from the oven. Allow the muffins to rest for a few minutes in the tin, before turning out onto the wire rack to cool.